Thursday, September 5, 2013

Robot Rights

I don't know about you, but I welcome our robot overlords. That's why I say, "Support robot rights while you still have the option!!" Make friends with your future mechanical masters now. You may not have the chance later.

You know, looking back at this design, I just realized something about it. I'm so very glad that the bot still practicing in a peaceful protest is the one with the longer reach and the ability to climb stairs. If this happened in real life you could just run upstairs and hope he can't reach the elevator call button. The other (and I think far superior one) is to get this design on a shirt and wear it at all times, so they know whose side you're on.

I had to make some adjustments so it would also fit on a bumper sticker, but the message remains the same. Both of these designs are available on Cafepress and Zazzle (bumper sticker and shirt). Spreadshirt has the design intended for t-shirts, but I've also prepared a vector version of the angry robot with a blank sign, so you can customize his colors and his message!

I liked that angry little robot's design so much that I eventually decided that two dimensions just isn't enough. It was time I brought him into . . . The Third Dimension! (Cue spooky sci-fi music)

Yes, I created a 3D model and uploaded it to Shapeways! "But what happened to his sign?" I hear you ask.
Well, it's not just an empty frame. It is, in fact, a business card holder!
On the right you can see him holding a stack of my old business cards. I've also painted this one, but he doesn't come that way when you buy him. It's a pretty simple process, though. Shapeways' "White Strong And Flexible" material is very porous, so I spray painted him black first so the acrylic paints I used wouldn't spread.

I also based another model on the peaceful robot protester. He's supposed to be a pen holder, but I haven't ordered one for myself yet. If you have any other ideas for robot themed office supplies I'd be happy to hear your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment