Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Robo Hope

I've said it before (Barely a week ago, in fact), but I look forward to the inevitable arrival of our robot overlords! Put this up on your wall and maybe you'll be one of the lucky few to survive the Great Culling. This parody of Obama's Hope poster is perfect for those of you who'd rather keep real politicians out of your politics. The text below is binary for "hope" according to a binary to text translator I found online. Available as posters and T-shirts on Cafepress and Zazzle.

To create the design I modeled and rigged the entire robot with Maya and ran some filters on the rendered image with Photoshop to get the appropriately patriotic effect. I named him Kupfer Oben because it means Copper Top in German (once again according to an online translator) and I'd textured the top of his head to look like copper, plus I found images of warning labels in German which I'd used while texturing him. I've included a video showing him in his entirety below.


No comments:

Post a Comment